Date(s) - 06/30/2018 - 07/01/2018
Great Captains Island
Enjoy a day out at Great Captain’s Island with its historic lighthouse, two beaches, birding sanctuaries, walking paths and picnic areas with BBQ grills. PLUS, there will be a skipper’s barbecue at 1300 hrs. Please BYOB and bring an appetizer or side dish to share.
NOTE: THE FIRST FERRY TO THE ISLAND IS AT 1000 HRS; THE LAST FERRY OFF THE ISLAND RETURNING TO SHORE IS AT 1730 HRS
There is an anchorage and mooring field just to the north of the island and several mooring fields for those skippers wishing to stay overnight.
Great Captain’s Island is part of the Town of Greenwich Park System. Because of this,
- ALL PEOPLE GOING ON THE ISLAND WILL REQUIRE A PARK PASS!
- Contact Gary Silberberg by email (GreenwichRealty@aol.com) to get the passes
- Those aged 64 and under, $7; Those aged 65 and over, FREE
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE. Park passes will be emailed to you. You MUST show this park pass to the park warden.
- EVERYONE MUST REGISTER WITH GARY EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PASS!
- LAST DAY TO SIGN UP TO GET PARK PASSES: Thursday, June 28
To sign up and obtain passes, contact Lead Skipper, Gary Silberberg, GreenwichRealty@aol.com
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY OBTAINED YOUR PARK PASS IT IS VALID FOR THE ENTIRE 2018 SEASON. NO NEED TO GET A NEW ONE FOR THIS EVENT. BUT YOU STILL MUST REGISTER! REGISTER WITH GARY EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PARK PASS!
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS, INCLUDING DIRECTIONS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION.